Thursday 23 February 2012

A worrying case of mistaken identity

See below: this morning's email and below that my reply which I've sent. I'm now thinking that I should have said yes and seen how long I could have pretended to be an expert on the cytoskeleton before someone rumbled me.

"...hmmm well the nucleus is erm....yes, cytoplasm....quite...and...yes, very cytoplasmic....actually my favourites are the mitochondria....love'em to bits...very mitochondrial they are..."

Perhaps not.







Subject: Letter from the 2nd Annual World Congress of Molecular & Cell Biology (CMCB-2012)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:22:24 +0800



2nd Annual World Congress of Molecular & Cell Biology (CMCB-2012)

ime: May 18-20, 2012      Place: Beijing, China


Dear Dr. Michael Rosen,

How are you? Wish you have a fruitful new year of 2012 in advance!

This is J**** D***, the Program Coordinator of the 2nd Annual World Congress of Molecular & Cell Biology (CMCB-2012)I am writing the letter to make sure if you have received my letter previously, it is about the conference: CMCB-2012 which will be held during May 18-20, 2012 in Beijing, China.

Maybe there some problems with my mailbox and I haven't received your kindly reply. And would you like to attend this conference as a Speaker of Section A3: Cytoskeleton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello J*** D*
Really nice to hear from you but my subject is not molecular and cell biology. I'm a writer of children's books and I teach children's literature at Birkbeck, University of London. I did once study biology but I've forgotten it all. I'm very sorry.

very best
Michael